People with dry skin are often be heard to express dissatisfaction with the skin that they have. The advantages of dry skin are that your skin does not look sweaty, it is not prone to pimples and acne and it is easy to clean. There are many of dry skin problems.
Dry skin is subject to early wrinkling. The skin looks dull. Dry weather or extreme winter conditions make the skin look flaky. Any cream or moisturizer that is applied gets absorbed by the skin. Make up applications also form difficulties when it comes to dry skin, as the skin tends to absorb everything that is applied to it. The home remedies for glowing skin mentioned below will help your skin to get that healthy glow:
For the whole body, any of the following could be tried:
- For the entire body, it is best to use a body wash rather than a soap. Remember to apply oil or a moisturizer every alternate day.
- Mix one cup of sugar with 1 tablespoon fresh lemon / lime juice. While taking bath, lather your body and face heavily with a soft soap like Dove. Scrub your whole body and face with the sugar mixture on the lather.
- Add some milk in maize flour and rub it on your entire body. This will not only moisturize the skin but will also act as a scrub for the body.
Hands are the parts of the body that are heavily used. They are frequently subject to heavy detergents, water and the harshness of the weather. They need extra care.
- Carry a moisturizer in a small bottle in your handbag. Every time you feel your hands are dry just apply a little moisturizer. Try to keep that moisturizer in your hand bag which is not very greasy.
- Apply a mixture of honey and lemon or white sugar and lemon on your hands once a week. This will help you to keep your hands soft and clean.
For the face, there are a number of remedies that can be used. Some of them are:
- Avoid using cleansers with high soap content for your face. Try to shift to soap-free face wash or cream-based face wash.
- Applying a paste of mashed banana, with two or three pinches of milk powder or two or three drops of milk, for 15 minutes on your face will do wonders to restore the glow of your face.
- Mash a piece of papaya and apply the paste on your face. Wash with cold water after 15 minutes for a healthy sheen to your skin.
For your heels, which are again one of the most vulnerable to dryness you can:
- Apply a layer of Vaseline gel on your feet rather lavishly. Wear socks and let the gel soak into your heels overnight. You will love your heels in the morning.
- A mixture of rose water and glycerin can be applied to the heels and the elbows to keep them soft.
Last but not the least, do not underestimate the effect water can have on your skin; taking a bath, swimming, practising a water sport, etc.